tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 01 18:19:50 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Bunny

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Mar 31, 2013, at 11:53 PM, "Michael Roney, Jr. PKT" <[email protected]> wrote:

> My 4yo son wants me to translate "Bunny".
>
> I'm at a loss and am open to suggestions.

Ask him what makes something a "bunny" (as opposed to e.g. a "kitty") and maybe you'll hit on something. I might focus on the long ears, or the short white-scutted tail, or the especially soft fur some are known for. Perhaps the stereotypical wiggling nose is an important attribute in his mind.

(I would NOT focus on the particular variation of ruminant digestion that they use.)

-- ghunchu'wI'