tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 29 06:24:31 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: quD

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

QeS:
>> What's the source (if you'll pardon the atrocious pun) for gha'poq? >> All of the other sauce names are from KGT, but gha'poq is not there.

De'vID:
> It's from "Diplomatic Implausibility".

QeS:
>> Ahh. maj. I don't own a copy of that novel so there's a few words
>> from it I'm still not familiar with. Thanks for that.

Here's the definition from DI:

"Condiment, often used to bring out the flavor in gagh or racht."

IIRC it first appeared in DS9 "Soldiers of the Empire":  On the IKV Rotarran, Ch'Targ poured almost an entire bottle of grapok sauce onto Crewman Alexander's bregit lung, saying that it "brings out the flavor."

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons