tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 19 15:31:56 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] {warjun} {tlher} je

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 15:23 '?????' 3/19/2012, you wrote:
Does anyone know the pun behind {tlher}?

I can't remember whether it was the Beaver or his big brother, but one of them had a pal named Lumpy.

p.s. In the sentence {A B je chaH C D je'e'}, did I put the {'e'} in the right place? Or should it have been {A B je chaH C'e' D'e' je}?

The latter.

p.p.s. I like {mu' qID} "word joke" for "pun", though I suppose it really should be {qID mu'} "joke word". There's a kind of parallelism with {mu'qaD}.

And in answer to why I thought ngIS was a joke: I'd never heard of it, and it was ridiculously, uselessly specific.

- Qov