tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 01 10:41:22 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' cha'vatlh cha'maH jav: tojbogh to'

Qov ([email protected])

At 11:04 '?????' 7/1/2012, MorphemeAddict wrote:

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Qov <<mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]> wrote:
I've switched over to these kinds of quotation marks: «majQa'»

Ironically they don't show correctly in my own mail program. Maybe it's time to upgrade. Recommendations? I'm running a reasonably recent flavour of whatever Microsoft is calling it these days. I want a fast loading mail program with good filing and filtering that allows me to exclude images from my incoming mail by default, and has good language support.

I haven't quite worked out the punctuation rules for them yet.

I'm going with no whitespace between the guillemets and the contents, punctuation associated with the quotation inside the guillemets and the comma separating the direct speech from {jatlh vajar} outside the guillemets. It looked so terrible inside, and that's how the French do it.

While I'm at it, what's your favourite font for Klingon? Â Times New Roman? Â Garamond? Courier New?

Anything that distinguishes lc L from uc i. I used to use Comic Sans,

Comic Sans is vastly unpopular with the font geeks. I'm not certain why.

 but now anything with serifs works for me.Â

My own default font in mail does not distinguish. It's cool how unnecessary it is once you speak the language. It's necessary for proofreading, though.

Re guillemets: I like your example with {majQa'}.

Ah that's good, meaning they display correctly for you.

What is the pIqaD equivalent?Â

We know of none.

lay'tel SIvtenÂ

- Qov