tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 26 10:48:20 2012

[Tlhingan-hol] boQ

Qov ([email protected])

Hey jatlhwI'pu',

I've been corrected a couple of times for using boQ instead of boQwI' or boQDu' and accepted it meekly because I know my command of canon isn't what it used to be. I'm working on correcting that, though and I've just started typing TKD into a flashcard program. And boQ is aide. I was right all along. I know it's not an Americanism, because the markings on American first aid kits are spelled aid. boQ is a boQwI', an aide. Or has that been specifically contradicted by Marc somewhere?

Now shame on me for not standing up for myself sooner. I've let knowledge turn into habit and not developed the tools to distinguish knowledge-based habits from incorrect habits. tuqarmoHDI' HIghuH! jIHub'eghrupmoHlI'.

- Qov