tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 21 06:40:31 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] latlh mu' chu'

De'vID jonpIn ([email protected])

&gt; However, I believe it was in the tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI&#39;pu&#39; Facebook group suggesting it was based on the Latin mille &quot;thousand&quot;, and the Ancient Greek λόγος (lógos), one of the meanings of which is &quot;word&quot;.<br>

&gt;<br>
&gt; These words have spread wide and far since their original use, so Marc could certainly have taken them from another set of languages, but Latin and Ancient Greek strike me as being very likely candidates, as these words are well-known even among non-speakers, and because I&#39;d wager it&#39;s difficult to go through an education in linguistics without being heavily exposed to these languages.</p>

De&#39;vID</p>