tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 13 15:25:35 2012

[Tlhingan-hol] New word: bridge

Qov ([email protected])

I'm not simply posting the whole messages because Marc's is not readily
interpretable without reference to mine, and mine is interspersed with
personal fangirlish stuff.<br><br>
I asked:<br>
amenable to questions, but if he is in the mood, perhaps you could get
him to speak about three things. In short, they are bridges, screws and
aspect.<br><br>
While I can describe a &lt;bIQtIq HeHmey rartaHbogh ravHom&gt;
(&quot;floorlet which is connecting a river's edges&quot;) it becomes an
exercise in mental gymnastics for me to write about and then the reader
to recognize a bridge. Especially when I go on to describe a scene of
actions taking place on under and around said bridge. If it's important
to Maltz, the bridge in question is a rope suspension bridge with wooden
planked footing, and crosses a river.&nbsp; </blockquote><br>
Marc:<br>
<b>The word for &quot;bridge&quot; (as in over a river) is &lt;QI&gt;
(one of those weird vowel-final words). Maltz said that would apply to
the kind of rope bridge you described (as well as more substantial
bridges). </b></body>