tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 10 15:43:05 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] eyes, nipples, milk

Qov ([email protected])

Daj. I assumed that while Okrand deliberately put (difficult for babies)
sibilants in the word for mother, that he instead gave the suckling sound
to the word for milk.&nbsp; nIm nIm nIm = nom nom nom&nbsp; and comes
from mama. Maybe he knows of the Hawai'ian word. There is a certain
similarity between and eye and a nipple.  In unrelated news, my friend's
cat has a nipple on its leg, the result of a skin graft after an
accident.<br><br>
And that suddenly made me want the Klingon word for defecate to be
onomatopoeic, but the closest I could come was nga', and unless nga'chuq
has a very strange etymology indeed, that's taken.&nbsp; <br><br>
- Qov<br><br>
At 16:15 '?????' 8/10/2012, Michael Roney, Jr. PKT wrote:<br>
The Hawaiian word for &quot;nipple&quot; is (maka waiū) which translates
as &quot;milk eye&quot; which in Klingon is one of those oddly related
word pairs.<br><br>
~'anan naHQun<br><br>
~Michael Roney, Jr.<br>
Professional Klingon translator<br>
webOS developer<br><br>
-- Sent from my &quot;Franken&quot; Palm Pre 2<br><br>
<hr>