tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 07 13:48:11 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] pIqaD laDlaH puqbe'wI'

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT ([email protected])

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 7:45 AM, De'vID <[email protected]> wrote:
> I remember reading that d'Armond's kid acquired the belief that his
> father was the only person who spoke Klingon in the world, and was
> very surprised when Will Martin showed up at their house and spoke to
> him in Klingon.  The fact that 'anan naHQun's daughter apparently
> knows qurgh as another speaker is encouraging.

She (Ireland) is well aware that there are other speakers.
She also knows yIH'a'na' and has heard the band il Troubadore play live.

She's grown up with me teaching Klingon language panels at
conventions, teaching actors for the KCC, and traveling to other
countries all for the language.

She even plays with the EuroTalk software.

She certainly prefers English, but Klingon is a cute play thing for her.
Something special between her and her papa.

She also has her own Klingon uniform, forehead, and Daqtagh; all of
which she requested on her own; nothing forced.

> But the bit that gets me: you have a pIqaD  soft keyboard for your phone? I guess it's not an iPhone.

Certainly not!
I have an app on my Palm Pre 2.
It was originally designed to type Hebrew and Russian, but the
developer put in a way for me to set it to pIqaD.

Same developer also made me a special Klingon version of his tablet
app for me to use on my TouchPad.

His frustration with not having Hebrew supported was similar to my
frustration with the lack of pIqaD support; so he enjoys helping.

~'anan naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon Translator