tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 17 16:10:05 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Category Titles from Marc Okrand

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

Thanks for the info :)

> So that said Marc has provided canon that [rItlh]
> means colour as well as “pigment, paint, dye”.

I wouldn't go quite that far; KGT was quite unequivocal in stating that there is no word meaning "color (noun)". Guess «rItlhmey» was just the closest equivalent.
However, it may still prove useful to know that «rItlhmey» can sometimes film that gap.
I was just looking at http://klingonska.org/ref/color.html and after reading, “There is no noun in Klingon meaning “color”, I realised there were category titles that Marc provided and are embedded in the Eurotalk courses. However I don’t believe anyone will get to see them unless Klingon is used as a help language on other courses.

So that said Marc has provided canon that [rItlh] means colour as well as “pigment, paint, dye”.

Category titles:

First Words - mu'mey wa'DIch,
Food - Soj
Phrases - mu'tlheghmey