tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 14 10:44:17 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Butterfly Project

Qov ([email protected])

At 08:39 '?????' 4/14/2012, Philip Newton wrote:
> chaq maSkypechuqlaH.

Ooh, I didn't know that word. *adds to dictionary*

j/k, but I was amused how easy it was to borrow a foreign word and use
it as a Klingon verb, since they don't have to have a specific ending
(unlike, say, in German or Greek, where you have to fit a word into
some existing conjugation).

And of course had I wanted to be formally correct I would have said:

chaq maQummeH Skype wIlo'laH

But despite the "sk" blend--which as voragh postulated some dialects of tlhIngan Hol may have--the single syllable is easy to drop into Klingon syntax. It may even have been planned to fit in many languages. It doesn't mean anything, does it?

- Qov