tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 11 07:05:00 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Butterfly Project

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

I'd definitely go with yIleSchoH over bIleSmoH. "you will make relax" with no object? Or did you mean bIleS'eghmoH?

And again 'ughchoH or tI'ughmoH not 'ughmoH

bItlhuHDI' QIt tunchoHlI' SomrawDu'lIj -- yours makes it look as though the muscles are causing something to soften. Have you by some chance confused -moH and -choH? Have a quick reread of TKD 4.2.3 and 4.2.4 and try this again.

You've used {'e' vIHot} when the original implies DaHot, and even though it defies biology you shouldn't correct "belly" to tagh-- translate what's there, not what you think should be there. It's probably a yoga thing, when what they really mean is that full contraction of the diaphragm makes the belly rise.

QuchtaHghaj should be QuchtaHghach, but what's wrong with bel?

I'm stopping here, but you need to go back over this entire project. Just skimming I see a jupma' and DuleSrup when you mean DuleSrupmoH.

As you present yourself as a professional Klingon translator, your clients deserve better.

- Qov