tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 23 06:12:18 2011

[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Bible nonsense

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

We all know that there is a Klingon bible translation project.
We all know that it is not yet finished.

But did you know there is a crappy nonsense automatic software translation available?

At amazon it looks like a lot promising on the firt sight:

"The Klingon Language Version of the World English Bible Psalms"
by Joel Anderson

But when you read the description, you get this:
[...] serves as a demonstration of what a complete Klingon Bible would look like. [...] Though it is not a grammatical Klingon text (actually it is more of a pidgin-Klingon, mixing English vocabulary and grammar with Klingon) it does provide vocabulary which can be used in doing a proper Klingon translation.

I bought it anyway, to see it. Here is the crap you get to read:

   "And save me for your loving kindness sake"
   *je toD jIH vaD lIj muSHa'taH kindness chIch*

With other words: it's useless. I just had to mention it.

Lieven.