tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 28 10:22:27 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] paq'batlh: NEW USES OF KNOWN WORDS

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

2011/11/27 Agnieszka Solska <[email protected]>:
> wejpuH. So how do we tell what's canon and what's not...

It's all canon. However, some of it is canonical *error*. This has
always been the case, with several types of error in evidence, some
all the way back to the original publication of TKD.

- typographic error: {-egh} instead of {-'egh}; {qIbHes} instead of
{qIbHeH} (accepted as having been intended to be {qIbHeS})

- simple auctorial mistake: {lujpu' jIH} instead of {jIlujpu'}; {Hagh}
instead of {HaD}

- apparently intentional goof: {bachHa'} labeled as (n) instead of (v)

I apologize for being {'eDjen} here, but I'm confident I have a
quicker and more complete internalization of Klingon grammar than does
Marc Okrand. I have no problem identifying certain canonical examples
as being sufficiently divergent from what we already know and
dismissing them as mistakes. I won't go so far as to force that
understanding on others, but I'll readily share it.

-- ghunchu'wI'