tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 26 21:12:03 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] how to use {nej}?

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

jatlh De'vID:
> How would I say, "Search for the targ in the forest", or "Search for
> the record in the data banks"? I presume the thing being searched for
> ({targh}, {ta}) is the object of {nej}, but how do I indicate the
> parameters of/restrictions on the search ({ngem}, {qawHaq})?

jang quljIb:
> I would break them into two separate sentences. {ngemDaq 'oH targh. yIwam!}

ngemDaq 'oH targh*'e'*.

(Personally I'd say it with {'oHtaH}, since most of the locative pronoun-as-
verb constructs in canon have -taH, but that's just my idiom and YMMV.)

QeS 'utlh