tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 26 09:10:53 2011

[Tlhingan-hol] Re-publishing the paq'batlh (was Re: Monopoly - New Canon - The Box)

Philip Newton ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 13:42, Felix Malmenbeck <[email protected]> wrote:
> Speaking of the paq'batlh:
> I'm currently transcribing it in order to be able to search it.
> I've been considering putting it in a Google Doc and sharing with others who can prove they have a real copy (perhaps by answering some questions about it or sending a picture of themselves with it) so that they too can search it.

Why is that necessary?

At least the copy I have is marked cc-by-nc-nd, meaning that you can
redistribute it at will as long as you do not modify it or charge
money for it. (Well, short version; for legal technicalities, see the
proper licence.)

So once you have finished typing it up, then presuming it's a faithful
(unmodified) replica of the bok, I think it should be allowed to
redistribute it publicly.

Comments would have to go in a separate, parallel document, though, to
accommodate the "no derivatives" part of the licence.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[email protected]>