tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 15 03:47:25 2011

[Tlhingan-hol] Fw: Some useful mnemonics

Lucifuge Rofocale ([email protected])

I have a neat way of remembering (at the least) the first line of Klingon verb prefixes. "jI-qa-vI-, savvy?"

The others have similar mnemonics, and of course the imperative prefixes I remember as "yI-HI-yI-fish" and "pe-HI-yI-fish."

It sounds silly, but we seem to remember the silly things best.

> Here are some useful mnemonics, some of which I heard at qepHom
> wa'maHDIch in Saarbrücken last week (November 2011), some of which I
> had come up with on my own:
>
> {poS vaj nIH} "It's open, so he steals it" - to help you remember
> that
> {poS} is "left" and {nIH} is "right". (From loghaD, I
> believe.)
>
> {moHaq} has a protrusion on the upper side (the "H"), so it means
> "prefix".
> {mojaq} has a protrusion on the lower side (the "j"), so it means
> "suffix".
> (This one is my own.)
>
> {-Qo'} is a "type 8.5" suffix, since it always comes last except
> when
> followed by a type 9 suffix.
>
> Similarly, {-Ha'} is a "type 0.5" suffix, since it always comes
> right
> after the verb stem, even before any type 1 suffix.

Vitae est, Jim, sed non cognoscitur.
Non cognoscitur,
Non cognoscitur.
Vitae est, Jim, sed non cognoscitur.