tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 14 17:46:16 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' javmaH wa': <chaloy>

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Qov, jatlh:
> 'IvtIHDu'Daj 'uch Mahoun.

jIjang jIH, jIjatlh:
> toH! mu' vIleghbe'bejpu'!

jang je ghunchu'wI', jatlh:
> mu'vam wISov 'e' vIlIj! HochvaD muchlu'pu''a'?

jIH:
> ghobe'.

jang De'vID, jatlh:
> There's a pun behind the word.  "Translate" the word into English, say
> it out loud, and you may get its meaning if you know it's a body part.

Oh hell. It took me a while to get (because there are two meanings of 'Iv,
and I've listed tIH in my dictionary under the primary meaning of "shaft"),
but that's a seriously tragic pun. :) Luckily I knew the meaning of the
word already, which helped.

QeS 'utlh