tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 04 07:07:54 2011

RE: Newcomer

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Lisa,

Welcome to the list.

The KLI's Klingon Language Certification Program (KLCP) is described by Arika Okrent in her book _In the land of invented languages: Esperanto rock stars, Klingon poets, Loglan lovers, and the mad dreamers who tried to build a perfect language_ (New York: Spiegel & Grau, 2009; cf. http://inthelandofinventedlanguages.com/ ).

IIRC there's an entire chapter devoted to her taking the certification test at the 2008(?) KLI qep'a' ("conference").  In fact, her growing involvement with tlhIngan Hol is the framing device for the book which examines the culture of artificial languages and their speakers.

If you're interested, I can send you a brief bibliography of works by other graduate students in linguistics on the Klingon language movement off-list.

Qapla'!

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons