tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 25 14:37:15 2010

qep'a' wa'maH chorghDIch

Lawrence M. Schoen ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Over the weekend, I met with a Deputy Division Head for the 2011 World Science Fiction Convention (aka Renovation), which is being held in Reno, Nevada from August 17 - 21. We were discussing the logistics of moving the qep'a' to Reno, to allow our conference to immediately precede the WorldCon.

This plan has several exciting possibilities:

* We'd have much posher facilities
* Members who haven't been able to attend because of the distance and complications of reach the east coast of the US might be able to attend
* Our attendees would be onhand to attend one of the best SF conventions held each year
* We would have an opportunity to draw in more "traditional" Klingon fans for a day or two of beginners' classes and exposure

Of course there are downsides too, such as the hotel invariably costing more money, but I feel the potential to breathe new life into our ever shrinking conference is worth the sacrific.

Nothing's been finalized yet, but we're very close, and I wanted to start you all thinking about coming to Reno for our 18th annual conference. If we do indeed move the location, the dates will change as well. Instead of our usual Wednesday night through Sunday morning, we'd be looking at Saturday night through Wednesday morning, August 13th through 17th. That's the same number of days, though we'd likely restructure all day Monday the 15th and Tuesday the 16th for beginners (and the qep'a' caberet, of course).

Lawrence M. Schoen, Ph.D.
author / publisher / psychologist / klingonist

Back to archive top level