tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 31 20:38:49 2010

Re: Newcomer

R Fenwick ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Lisa, jatlh:
>Greetings to all.

Greetings, Lisa. Welcome to the list. :)

taH:
>I apologize for not making an introduction in Klingon. I've only recently
>decided to take up the study of the language, so I am still grappling with
>the very basics.

qay'be'. 'utbe'qu' tlhIjpu'ghach!
(Not a problem. Apology is not necessary!)

>I am by avocation a long-time science fiction fan. My primary attraction
>to Star Trek is Things Klingon in general. Outside of any fandoms in which
>I participate, I am a graduate student (Rhetoric and Composition)
>currently finishing my Thesis at Texas State and ideally continuing on to
>a PhD program in the Fall of 2011. My research focuses primarily on
>identity formation and the effects of language, the visual ideograph, and
>popular culture on identity.

Qatlhlaw' HaDtaHghachlIj 'ach Dajbej.
(Your research sounds hard, but certainly interesting.)

>I have tendered my application and fee for membership in the KLI and look
>forward to interacting with this group in the future.

jumuvta'mo' jIbel! qaStaHvIS cha' DIS wej DIS ghap loQ puSchoHpu' Hol taghwI'
'ach numuvDI' ghojwI'pu' chu' reH maQuch.
(Glad you've joined us! Beginners have become slightly less common over the
last few years but we're always happy when new students join us.)

>Thank you for the investment of your time in this message. May the new year
>bring you only the best.

SoHvaD povjaj je DIS chu'. DupIlmoHjaj 'ej DuqaDjaj.
(May the new year be excellent for you also. May it stimulate and challenge
you.)

QeS 'utlh

Back to archive top level