tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 31 08:16:39 2010

Newcomer

Lisa Tomecek-Bias ([email protected])

Greetings to all.
I apologize for not making an introduction in Klingon. I've only recently
decided to take up the study of the language, so I am still grappling with
the very basics. I am by avocation a long-time science fiction fan. My
primary attraction to Star Trek is Things Klingon in general. Outside of any
fandoms in which I participate, I am a graduate student (Rhetoric and
Composition) currently finishing my Thesis at Texas State and ideally
continuing on to a PhD program in the Fall of 2011. My research focuses
primarily on identity formation and the effects of language, the visual
ideograph, and popular culture on identity.

I have tendered my application and fee for membership in the KLI and look
forward to interacting with this group in the future. I am particularly
interested in the process by which one studies for and becomes certified in
the language and the ability to engage an avid population of fans and
scholars.

Thank you for the investment of your time in this message. May the new year
bring you only the best.

Lisa V. Tomecek-Bias

Back to archive top level