tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 05 20:23:30 2010

RE: Age

Seruq ([email protected])

> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Michael Roney, Jr.
> <[email protected]>wrote:
> > Which book, tape, or article discusses how to discuss ages?
> > i.e. The caves are tens of thousands of years old.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > ~naHQun tammuj puqloD
> >

> The only one that jumps to mind right now is the line from
> Power Klingon:
>
> cha'vatlh ben HIq vItlhutlh
> I will drink two century old ale
> vaghnetlh ben bIH DISmey'e'
> The caves are fifty thousand years old
>
> qurgh

In the canon [cha'vatlh ben HIq vItlhutlh], I see a noun-noun construction, [cha'vatlh ben]-[HIq];
ale of 200 years ago.

In your sentence [vaghnetlh ben bIH DISmey'e'] I think you would need to swap bIH and DISmey.
vaghnetlh ben DISmey bIH.  They are caves of 5000 years ago.

DloraH

Back to archive top level