tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 02 18:09:33 2010

yIjaH,'Iwghargh yInej ('go look for a bloodworm', i.e. 'go fish')

Pamela Munro ([email protected])

Hello, friends who know much more about Klingon than I do.
I am teaching a one-unit class on Klingon this quarter at UCLA (it meets
for ten hours total). Although I hope that class members and I will
learn a great deal about this wonderful language, it's primarily going
to be an overview and introduction to resources. But it needs to be fun.
At our first meeting class members learned about pronunciation and sang
"*Qoy, qeylIS puqloD*" and saw some of the ways the text illustrates
important points about Klingon grammar. At our next meeting I plan to
take some time for a game of *yIjah, 'Iwghargh yInej*, for which I've
devised a basic vocabulary. I don't think I can include an attachment
here, but I'd love your feedback on this. If you email me I'd be happy
to send you my handout on playing this game.

Pam

--
Pamela Munro,
Professor, Linguistics, UCLA