tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 01 06:37:15 2010

RE: Accurate Translator

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Taylor Skidmore:
>>> I was just wondering if  http://tweetinklingon.com/ had been
>>> mentioned in this forum, and whether or not it was an accurate
>>> translator.

qurgh zantai-lungqIj:
>> It has and no it isn't.
>> I tried to help them during development but they didn't care. They
>> had high hopes of making it this big tool but in the end it was
>> only a rushed promo for Star Trek: Online.

Taylor Skidmore:
>Thank you. I'm new to tlhIngan Hol, so I was just looking for a tool
>that might help

There are a few other computer-assisted drills and translation tools available:

Andrew Strader has series of online Klingon drills at:
   http://www.mentalcode.com/tlhingan-hol/
including a tiered vocabulary exercise:
   http://www.mentalcode.com/tlhingan-hol/x-vocab/
and a verb prefix exercise (learn those obscure verb prefixes like re- and che-):
   http://www.mentalcode.com/tlhingan-hol/x-grammar/prefixes/
He has plans to add an online Klingon tutorial as well.

Teresh's vocabulary program KliFlash for Windows (also displays in pIqaD):
   http://teresh.tdonnelly.org/kliflash.html

Holtej's Klingon word-analysis shareware program {pojwI'} is available at
   http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/poj.htm
   http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/pvc_1_0_0_219.exe
(If you're upgrading from a previous version, save this file to your pojwI' program directory, and rename it "pvc.exe" [replacing the old one])

The Universal Translator Assistant Project is at
   http://www.mrklingon.org/
("Unfortunately, UTA doesn't know the rules of Klingon grammar. All it does is map words from one language to another, but it can save time looking them up separately.")

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level