tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 16:25:45 2009

Re: pu'jIn

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

> The KLI's strong opposition to anyone but Okrand coining new words (which is what a compund word would be but a N-N combination would not) is based on the practical recognition that, lacking a central authority like an Academe Klingonaise, this would quickly lead to mutually-unintelligible dialects in a community too small to sustain any, and also as a sign of respect to Marc Okrand.

I'm not coining a new word, I'm using the noun-noun construction just
as Okrand describes it, to create a completely reasonable
circumlocution for the concept.

> Since the second reason involves humility, I don't expect you to understand it.

Wow, really?  From he of the totally worthless and rude responses?
That is saying something indeed.

Back to archive top level