tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 28 13:50:16 2009

Re: chay' chIjmeH tlhuDtaHbogh Hovmey DIlo'laH?

Brent Kesler ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:

> For the astronomy buffs... Lacking a word for pulsar I came up with {tlhuDtaHbogh Hov} "star which
> continuously emits (energy/radiation)" on the model of {Dejpu'bogh Hov} "collapsed star".  Right or
> wrong?

My first reaction was "What star doesn't emit radiation?"

I took a quick look at Wikipedia. Pulsars emit beams of radiation at
predictable intervals (ie, pulses). Maybe {tIH bachbogh Hov}? Does
{tIH bachqa'taHbogh Hov} suggested repeated intervals?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsar

bI'reng

Back to archive top level