tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 25 10:33:55 2009

Re: [KLBC?] word order and sentence in General.

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] writes:
>
>> qavan, ghoj[moH]wI'pu' QeDwI'pu' je
>
> Since your email was directed at many people, the I+you plural prefix {Sa-}
> would be better:
>
> Savan!...

Good catch.

> If this verb is placed after the noun phrase, it makes a sentence with
> object and verb, a more cohesive and unitary structure, assuming that the
> object, which is nominally third person, can be used as the object of a verb with
> a second person object prefix.

The noun phrase in this utterance is not an object. It's direct
address. TKD tells us it can go either before or after the rest of the
sentence, so your suggested order is fine. But the original order is
fine too.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level