tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 01 10:53:35 2009

RE: Klingon cardinal directions

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

naHQun:
>>> FWIW, that was the orientation of the Klingon symbol in TOS.
>>> It was changed to it's modern "upright" position for TNG (and
>>> the later TOS movies). I can picture a Klingon compass using
>>> the symbol as it's pointer. Magnetic East?

DloraH:
>> Perhaps towards the sun rise in the east. And maybe the circle
>> in the background of the symbol is the sun.

ghunchu'wI':
>It is shown upright in the animated episode "More Tribbles, More
>Troubles".

Does anyone remember its orientation on Koloth's ship, the IKV Groth, in DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations"?  Did they include a CGI version of the ship?  (For that matter, what about the new digitally-enhanced versions of TOS "The Trouble With Tribbles" etc.?)

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level