tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 26 09:56:55 2008

Re: idea for writing system

Parker Glynn-Adey ([email protected])

2008/7/25 Lawrence John Rogers <[email protected]>
> nuqneH?!?
>
> A while ago I had this idea for the Klingon Writing System.

Personally, I think feel as though your idea is really awesome! I tend to
envision Klingon as being written in cuneiform, or scratch mark like runes.
These are totally unrelated ideas to The Klingon. But that's how I conceive
of it sometimes.

I think you should go ahead with this project, however, a word of caution. I
find big logographic / pictographic systems are very difficult to create and
maintain. There is a paucity of good database software that can handle this
kind of information. Please keep me informed, as you figure out your own
solutions.

Back to archive top level