tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 30 20:16:02 2008

Re: be'nalwI' naH yotlh

Sangqar ([email protected])

> qayajchu'be'....

jIQagh. qechwIj'e' qalughmoHDI' bIlugh.

> Du'na' Delbe'ba' Doq.  Du'Hom neH lughaj.  qech Dayajbe'qu''a'?
> QIj'eghchu' mu' 'e' vIQub.

This part will have to be in English, since obviously my Klingon
circumlocutions didn't get the idea across.

What I didn't understand was what he meant by {Du'Hom}. Either it was a
new word I hadn't heard of yet, or it was a coinage of his. If it was a
coinage, I wanted him to explain it in more detail. Did he mean a
vegetable garden? Did he mean a small field? What precisely did he mean?
When an augmentative or diminutive is not one for which we have a canon
definition, there's a range of possible meanings.

Mainly I'm trying to talk about things - anything - to get my Klingon
back to a decent level.

Back to archive top level