tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 26 05:29:40 2008

Re: "Poland"Daq tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' lutu'lu''a'?

Agnieszka Solska ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

SIv Sangqar.ja':

>"Poland"Daq tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' lutu'lu''a'?

"Poland" vIDab jIH.

>DISvam jar HutDIch jIHaDmeH "Poland"Daq jIjaH.
>DuSaQ pop cha'DIch SuqmeH jiHaD. "Adam Mickiewicz" vengDaq De'wI'
>DuSaQDaq, "Poznan" HolQeD vIHaD.

maj. bIpawDI' maghomlaH 'ej qepHom wItIvlaH.
reH tlhIngan Hol vIqeqrup.

ja' Voragh:

>She's a frequent contributor to this List and may
>know of any other Polish Klingon speakers.

latlh jatlhwI'pu' lutu'lu'bej 'ach not vIqIH.

'ISqu'

> [...]
> means "exercise, do calisthenics, do martial arts movements".
>
> HQ 10.2:8:  The "finger verbs" are used when talking about specific ways of
> using a particular device [...] or when describing specific ways to use
> fingers (as in movements in some martial arts).
>
> HQ 10.2:11:  The verbs {nan} "use the fourth toe" and {nan} "gouge" are
> probably etymologically related, since {nan} is used to refer to a
> particularly effective martial arts kick.
>
> HQ 10.2:11:  {jaghwI'Daq jIHom} "I use (my) second toe at my enemy" (idiom:
> "I claim my enemy is unworthy or weak") - The gesture itself is most likely
> to come up during ritualized martial arts combat (which, incidentally, is
> often a part of Klingon ballet).
>
> HQ 11.2:  The verb {lol} ["be in a stance/pose"] is also used frequently
> when talking about martial arts. In fact, there is a noun {lol} that refers
> to a specific position in the martial arts form Mok'bara [...] {DuHIvmeH
> SuvwI' lol ghaH} "the warrior is in a stance to attack you".
>
> Worf taught classes in {moQbara'} aboard the Enterprise-D (TNG "Birthright
> II" et al.; cf. ill. TKW 198)
>

> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:31:12 +0200 (CEST)
> Subject: Re: "Poland"Daq tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' lutu'lu''a'?
> From: "qa'pIn bu' nIv qI'meQ vIghro''a' tuq" <[email protected]>
>
> <citaat van="Sangqar">
> > "Poland"Daq tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' lutu'lu''a'
>
> Polandngan 'ISqu'...
> "Maciej" je.
>
> DaH PolandDaq chaH, vISovbe'.
>
> --
> qa'pIn bu' nIv qorghon puqloD, qI'meQ vIghro''a' tuq
> a.k.a. SoplaHtaHwI'
> Duj tlhIngan wo' "Qebmey Tai joH"Daq Doq puHvaD Hung loD'e'
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:51:07 -0500
> From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: "Poland"Daq tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' lutu'lu''a'?
>
> At 08:49 AM Thursday 4/24/2008, Sangqar wrote:
>
> >"Poland"Daq tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' lutu'lu''a'? DISvam jar HutDIch
> >jIHaDmeH "Poland"Daq jIjaH. DuSaQ pop cha'DIch SuqmeH jiHaD. "Adam
> >Mickiewicz" DuSaQDaq, "Poznan" vengDaq De'wI' HolQeD vIHaD.
> >
> >("Master's Degree" vIpermeH jIjatlh <DuSaQ pop cha'DIch>.)
> >
> >qaStaHvIS poH nI' tlhIngan Hol vIlo'be', vaj jIQaghchugh HISovmoH.
>
> According to the KLI email members directory
> (/kli/membermails.html) there are at least
> two:  Agnieszka Solska ([email protected]) and Maciej St. Zieba
> ([email protected]).
>
> Agnieszka (a.k.a. 'ISqu') is from Sosnowiec and is the translator of the
> Klingon Tao Te Ching.  She's a frequent contributor to this List and may
> know of any other Polish Klingon speakers.  She has a page with contact
> information in the KLI Wiki
> (/wiki/index.php?Agnieszka%20Solska ).
>
> Qapla'!
>
> P.S.  FYI Qov has been using *{polpuH} for Poland on her Klingon blog {bo

¦ci±gnij 30 Emotikonów dla Windows Live Messenger ZA DARMO!
http://www.livemessenger-emoticons.com/pl-pl/

Back to archive top level