tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 25 08:31:07 2008

Klingon slang in Mexico City?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

The "Spanish Online Newsletter" <[email protected]> I receive
just sent me a list of *chilanguismos*, the slang of the *chilangos*
(people from Mexico City).  One in particular caught my eye:

    nave  "car"

In standard Spanish, *nave* means "ship, vessel".  *{Duj} "ship, vessel" is
also Klingonist slang for "car".  Krankor even mentioned it in an article
on "unofficial slang" in HolQeD 12.4.

It proves nothing WRT Klingon, of course, but I thought it an interesting
coincidence.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons