tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 22 19:07:46 2008

Re: cha' Hol ngeb mu'ghommey Daj vItu'pu'!

In a message dated 4/22/2008 20:48:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Romanized tlhIngan Hol is not the written language of Klingons. It is
> a phonetic notation of what a Klingon says out loud.

I hadn't realized this, but consulting TKG seems to bear it out.
I'd always thought that our current transcription system was a
*transliteration* system, with a more or less one-for-one mapping between it and {pIqaD}.  I
see now that's not true.

lay'tel SIvten   </HTML>

Back to archive top level