tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 21 14:12:21 2008

Re: cha' Hol ngeb mu'ghommey Daj vItu'pu'!

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> > *{paqpo'}  "librarian"?
> > *{paqtej}  "bibliographer"?
> > *{paqSuy}  "bookseller"?

ter'eS:
>I've always used {paq 'avwI'} in my own mind, although

Hmmm... that sounds like one of our Exit Control staff here at the
University of Chicago.  Patrons must show valid university I.D. (verified
by the University computers) to enter and then pass through a pair of
locking magnetic security gates, their bags searched by the {paq 'avwI'} if
the alarm sounds, to exit.

BTW what do people use for "library" (i.e. the building or
institution)?  Several have been suggested:

*paqqach

*{paqmey nojmeH yejHaD} by lay'tel SIvten for a lending {noj} library.

The *(yejquv paqghom} "Library of Congress" is mentioned somewhere on the
KLI's Klingon website (which also refers to the *{DaH Hol yejHaD} Modern
Language Association), but I think *{paqghom} works better for a collection
of books of any size:  office library, one's personal home library, ship's
library, prison library, etc.

I'm personally fond of the the more grandiloquent *{paqmey vaS} "Hall of
Books", modeled on the Hall of Heroes {Subpu' vaS} on Ty'Gokor.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level