tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 29 06:33:03 2007

Re: Now and then?

Qang qu'wI' wrote:
> maleng: malengtaH 'ej malengpu'
>
> The verb approach loses (or at least doesn't necessarily convey) the plural
> sense that I have in the original as: "Voyages in the present, voyages in
> the past".

I read this as something not dissimilar to "Our continuing voyages and
our completed voyages." Not a bad phrase, but it contains no past or
present; the Klingon has only aspect. The original, to me, seems to be
all about tense, not aspect.

SuStel
Stardate 7911.2

Back to archive top level