tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 19 14:22:13 2007

RE: nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'?

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 12:22 PM 11/19/2007, you wrote:
>Voragh:
>You really need the entire text for context and, unfortunately, I only
>provided the bit with {Dat}.  The entire complex sentence is:
>
>    juHqo' Qo'noSvo' loghDaq lengtaHvIS tlhInganpu' 'ej qo'mey Sar
>    charghtaHvIS chaH Dat tlhIngan may'Duj luleghDI' neH qIb nganpu'
>    buQpu' may'Duj 'ej ghIjpu' 'oH.

A more literal backtranslation might be:

As the Klingons travelled from the Kronos homeworld into space and
conquered various worlds, everywhere galactic inhabitants even saw a
Klingon battlecruiser, it threatened and scared them.

Or perhaps, "as soon as galactic inhabitants everywhere merely saw a
Klingon battlecruiser."

That the symbol itself was sufficient to frighten isn't as explicit
in the Klingon as the English.

Back to archive top level