tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 04 16:29:28 2007

Re: qoq che'wI'meymaj chu' vIvan jIH (Corrected!)

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

mamIyHa' jIH ghunchu'wI' je. qarlu'meH: Quj qaD QavDaq
charghbej ghunchu'wI' qoq boq vaj van'a' luSuq.
nIvqu'mo' ghunchu'wI' qoq cham, latlh van'a' Suq.

qaSDI' qaDmey Qav, jeS puqloDwI' DuSaQ qoq, 'ach
charghbe'. 'ach van'a' potlh Suq. *chairman* van'a'
Suq DuSaQ. *FIRST* van'a' patlh qellu'taHvIS,
van'a'vam
quv law' Hoch quv puS. puqloDwI'mo' DuSaQDajmo' je
jIHemqu'.

SKI:  The FIRST Robotics Competition was started over
a decade ago by Dean Kamen, who is the inventor of
the Segway and a whole bunch of important medical
devices, in order to promote science and engineering
in America's high schools.  ghunchu'wI's school has
participated since the very first year, I think.
My school has participated for 6 years now.

This past weekend we held a regional meet with 42
schools/robots.  ghunchu'wI's school team won awards
for Best Engineering, and also for being on the
winning alliance in the final matchup.  Our school's
robot got into the finals, but was eliminated in the
quarter-finals.  However, our team did win the
Chairman's Award, which is the last one awarded at
each Regional, for their overall committment to the
ideals of the FIRST program and their outreach to
other teams and to the community.  This is the second
year our kids won the Chairman's Award.  I think the
judges love them, for some reason!

Anyway, it was enormous fun and it was a great and
pleasant surprise to find ghunchu'wI' there.  If any
of you have kids in high school, I think your school
would really benefit from getting involved in FIRST.
More info at www.usfirst.org .

-- ter'eS

--- Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' ter'eS:
> > Qapchu'mo' ghunchu'wI' DuSaQ qoq, vIHoy'.
>
> van'a' Suqbe' ghom vItoy'bogh.  quvvetlh baj
> ghomlIj'e' qar'a'?
> Qapbej ghomwIj qoq; 'e' vItembe'.  'ach Qapchu'mo'
> ghomlIj'e' tlhIH
> SaHoy'nIS jIH.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level