tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 31 14:50:48 2007

Re: Number of Klingon speakers?

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 09:34 AM 7/31/2007, you wrote:
>Does anyone know how many Klingon speakers there are in the world?
>
>Let me split this into two questions:
>
>1. How many are capable of holding a normal (full speed) conversation
>in Klingon?

You'd have to define "full speed."  We don't even know how fast
Klingons talk. We're all slower than we should be. There must be at
least thirty people who can stand up and tell a story in Klingon.

>and
>
>2. How could read and reply to written letter in Klingon?

Hundreds, possibly thousands, if they're allowed to use their dictionary.