tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 21 07:04:58 2007

Re: Klingon WOTD: nuH bey' (noun)

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Holtej {DaHjaj tlhIngan mu'} qoq, ja':
>nuH bey'

jang Jonathan, jatlh:
>Does anyone know what this refers to?

The literal translation is "weapon(s) display". {bey'} refers to a
ceremonial display, perhaps a ceremonial routine or drill. We don't really
know what the Klingon {nuH bey'} might entail, since we have no further
description that I know of, the term makes me think of an armed
exhibition drill such as might be carried out by a platoon of soldiers.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pab po'wI'
(Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute)

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
- Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

New music from the Rogue Traders - listen now!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=832&referral=hotmailtaglineOct07&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/roguetraders

Back to archive top level