tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 16 14:17:53 2007

Re: jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'

In a message dated 12/16/2007 11:21:39 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Which of these is correct?
>
>     qepDaq wejDIch pIn vIlegh
>     qep wejDIchDaq pIn vIlegh
>
> I suspect it's the latter, and the justification is in TKD: "Numbers are
> used as nouns. As such they may stand along as subjects or objects or
> they may modify another noun." Therefore, {qep wejDIch} may be
> considered a noun phrase, and it may be appropriate to add {-Daq} to it.
>
> SuStel

We have this example of {-Daq} appended to an ordinal number following the
noun:

qep'a' wejDIchDaq jatlhtaH tlhIngan Hol HaDwI'pu'.
[lit.: At the third qep'a' Klingon-language studiers were speaking.]
MSNexpert.forum (untranslated; 11/1996)

lay'tel SIvten   </HTML>

Back to archive top level