tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 04 20:45:27 2007

Re: Basic grammar question

Doq wrote:

> Actually I think it would sound better as {targh'e' maleng}.
>
> As for the targ, we travel.

You'd need more context before that works. Without context, you don't
really know that the targ is one of the travelers. You might be talking
about a targ that you and your friends had to travel to get to, for
instance. All you know is that "we" travel, and the targ has some
important relation to that traveling, but there is no context to tell
you what it is.

Since I should have gone to bed an hour ago, I'm having trouble coming
up with a contextual story to illustrate. :)

SuStel
Stardate 7926.6

Back to archive top level