tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 03 23:54:00 2007

Re: Chuck

H Myers ([email protected])

Terence Chua asked about this on his LiveJournal last week and I checked
it out.
I heard /ghaj'a' wep?/ pretty clearly, though the /gh/ was as you
explained and the /p/ was really a /b/. /wep/ is 'jacket'.

Alan Anderson wrote:

> Every time I try to fast-forward, it shows me a very choppy
> commercial.  I endured it about five times in order to find the scene.
>
> First guy (with black gun): ghaj'a' *dweb*? HIja', ghobe'...
>    "Have *dweb*? Yes, no..."
> Second guy (with white shirt): HIja'.
>    "Yes."
>
> The first guy's {gh} was a solid English-like "G".  I'm guessing
> *dweb* was a fumblemouthed {yIvbeH}.  {yoD} would have been
> appropriate as well.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level