tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 14 09:03:01 2006

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for 2006/10/14

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

Here are the dialogues in [today's comic][1], followed by my
translation.  I was unable to translate "scratch an itch".  Could
anyone suggest an equivalent phrase in Klingon?  Corrections and
advises are always appreciated.

    "I need you to drop whatever you're doing and work all night to
make this change to your system."
    {Qu'lIj DajeghchoH 'ej DaHram patlIj DatI'meH bIvumtaH vIneH.}

    "If you refused to do my bidding, here's the rumor I will
    spread about you."
    {yIlobHa'chugh DuHIv joSvam chaH vIja'.}

    Dilbert: "Ha! I'll say I was only scratching an itch."
    {...}

    "Good luck with that."
    {bIDo'jaj.}

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20061014.html