tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 17 18:57:38 2006

Re: Dragons and ketchup

McArdle ([email protected])

Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:

  >   lung qelDI' yImunQo'!
>   Meddle not in the affairs of dragons.
>   ("When considering a dragon [dragons], do not meddle!")
  Ah.  So {-DI'} doesn't need to mean "as soon as".  This is good news.  I know that TKD says "as soon as, when", but the examples show only the former meaning, even when the translation uses "when".  I wasn't sure that it could be used, as here, for a generalized "in the situation that".

  I presume this means I could say {DutlhejDI' qettlhup} instead of {Dutlhejchugh qettlhup}.

  qatlho' 'ej qavan

  mIq'ey

  P.S. That should be {DaqelDI'}, shouldn't it?  Or is this some special construction I don't know about?

Sponsored Link

   Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

Back to archive top level