tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 16 21:17:14 2006

Dragons and ketchup

McArdle ([email protected])

Well, my eagerly-awaited copy of KGT arrived this week, and I immediately noticed {lung} and {qettlhup}.  So I had to try this:

  {lung malja' yIniSQo' bIngalmo' 'ej bI'eymo' Dutlhejchugh qettlhup}

  Suggestions and corrections would (as always) be welcome.

  Since there doesn't seem to be a word for "crunchy", I had thought to do something with {choptaH}, on the order of "one can gnaw you", but I ran up against the fact that both {-lu} and {-laH} are type 5 suffixes and thus, as I understand it, can't coexist.  Is there any way around this?  (It's surprising that {-laH} is type 5 given that other suffixes I would consider semantically similar, such as {-qang} and {-rup}, are type 2.)

  Qapla'

  mIq'ey