tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 10 20:56:15 2006

Re: Klingon WOTD: qung (noun)

ja' lay'tel SIvten:

> [email protected] writes:
>
>> Used in canon:
>>
>>    qung wejDIch HengmeH qewwI' lo'
>>   (in order) to finger the third hole, he/she uses the ring finger
>> (HQ
>> 10.2:7)
>>

> Seems like it would have been easier to just say:
> {qung wejDIch HengmeH qew}
> (in order) to finger the third hole, he/she uses the ring (third)
> finger

It almost seems that {Heng} might not be a kind of {qew}.  I'd
interpret it as a more general action that can't really be captured
by any of the specific "finger" verbs (even while any "fingerer"
digit can actually do it).

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level