tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 29 16:39:19 2006

Re: Klingon sign in Vulcan

In a message dated 3/29/2006 6:33:19 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> the so called "official klingon alphabet" since there isn't an official
> one. THe one on the site, perhaps.

There are two main ones.  The 'real' one is well-suited to writing Klingon,
and it's probably the one best to call {pIqaD}, if any is.
The other one was used on the SkyBox cards and is poorly suited for Klingon.
It has only 10 symbols, some of which are the same as in the first group
above.  Most of the SkyBox symbols have multiple interpretations, as I posted with
my transliteration of the sign.

I posted my interpretation of the SkyBox texts a couple of years, but I can't
find the message numbers at the moment.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level