tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 28 15:16:35 2006

Re: gh and H

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

{gh} and {H} have the same relation that /g/ and /k/
have in English. The /g/ is voiced and the /k/ is
not (if you put your hand on your throat, you should
feel vibration when you say "grr" but not when you
say "krr"). But don't rely on the actors in the
movies to get it consistently right.

-- ter'eS BG

--- Shane MiQogh <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have been having the hardest time in the world
> being able to tell the difference between the 2...
> Is there anything specific to look for? I was
> listening to star trek VI and it was quite
> intresting how it sounded like "DaH macheH" but it's
> supposed to be "DaH machegh".

> New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones
> from your PC and save big.

Back to archive top level