tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 21 22:19:31 2006

Re: On a more humerous note (some may not think of this as funny)

Elizabeth Lawrence ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

As a teenager who studies Klingon, I assure you, the funny looks are due to
the absolute geekiness required to attempt to learn the language, not the
seriousness with which the attempt is made.  In fact, people who look at you
funny are not the real issue, they generally let you go your merry way.  It
is the people who think you are wasting your brain space that cause real
problems, and they can only be convinced by seriousness and by the mental
abilities in learning new languages that it gives you.

Elizabeth